- “The great trouble with you Americans is that you are still under the influence of that second-rate — shall I say third-rate? — mind, Karl Marx.” ~H. G. Wells (1866-1946)
- “I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents….” —James Madison
- “Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word: equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude” ~Alexis de Tocqueville, Nineteenth-century historian
- “The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined [and] will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation and foreign commerce” ~James Madison, Federalist Paper No. 45
Some have suggested that Socialism is a Biblical concept, but the Bible places the burden of responsibility for stewardship on the individual, while Marx, FDR and his Leftist successors advocate that the state should enforce redistribution of wealth. In failing to discern this distinction, FDR set the stage for the entrapment of future generations by the welfare state and the incremental shift from self-reliance to dependence upon the state — ultimately the state of tyranny.
- “The great trouble with you Americans is that you are still under the influence of that second-rate — shall I say third-rate? — mind, Karl Marx” ~H.G. Wells, English writer, sociologist and historian from “The Holy Terror”
- “We can’t expect the American people to jump from capitalism to communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving them small doses of socialism, until they awaken one day to find that they have communism” ~Nikita Khrushchev, Soviet dictator
- “The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism, but under the name of liberalism, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program until one day America will be a socialist nation without ever knowing how it happened” ~Norman Thomas